Rate Information – Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. Please see below for today’s current rates and/or tiers.
Method to Determine the Rate – We determine the interest rate based on current market reviews of comparable bank interest rates. Changes are made at our discretion.
Frequency of Rate Changes – We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
Compounding and Crediting Frequency – Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
Effect of Closing an Account – If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Minimum Activity Fee – During the statement cycle, the account must have a minimum of 15 debit card transactions to the account or a $25.00 monthly maintenance fee will be charged. The types of debits which qualify are, all PIN and Signature purchases. When you access your account, on-line or receive a printout of your recent transaction history, there may be items listed as “in process” transactions. This means that there is a temporary hold on the funds in your account, however, the transaction is not considered “posted” until the actual item is processed by the vendor.
Minimum Balance to Open the Account – You must deposit $25.00 to open this account.
Overdraft Fee – The overdraft fee is a $15.00 charge for each transaction. Transactions which would cause an overdraft include, but not limited to: created by check, in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, Debit Card purchases, transfers, bill pay or other electronic means.
Daily Balance Computation Method– We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual of interest on noncash deposits- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks).
• Tier One – If your daily balance is $0 to $15,000.00, the interest rate paid on this portion of the balance in your account will be 1.98%. The annual percentage yield on this tier will be 2.00%.
• Tier Two – An interest rate of 0.00% will be paid for the portion of your balance that is greater than $15,000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier will be 0.00%.
$150.00 Bonus Information:
• Checking offer is not available to existing Republic Bank of Chicago checking customers.
• Setup and complete a direct deposit to the checking account within 60 days of account opening.
• Open the account with the minimum balance requirement.
• The $150 bonus will be deposited to your checking account 30 business days after adding direct deposit.
• If account is closed within 6 months of opening, bonus will be deducted before account closing.
Refer to the Deposit Accounts Fee Schedule which has a complete list of the applicable fees. Note the Overdraft Fee indicated in this document supersedes the Overdraft Fee indicated on the Deposit Accounts Fee Schedule.