Home Purchase Basics
Congratulations on buying a new home! This decision may be your largest financial transaction to date, so you need to be informed about the process and keep an eye on the details. Here’s some information to help guide you.
Count On Your Real Estate Agent To
- Preview available homes, weeding out those that are overpriced or undesirable for some reason.
- Present the homes that suit your needs.
- Help you distinguish between a good buy and a risky property, which you might have trouble selling later because of issues with the neighborhood, market appeal, etc.
- Negotiate the best loan for you. With a pre-qualification letter from us in hand, your real estate agent can prove to the seller that you are a qualified and capable borrower. This letter may make the difference between the seller accepting your offer or someone else’s — even if your offer is lower!
Count On Us to
- Help you choose the best loan for your personal situation and goals. (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars over the years!)
- Provide regular updates on your loan status.
- Keep your real estate agent informed of your loan progress (Note: your personal information is always kept confidential. Information regarding your loan status and progress are shared).
- Secure a loan with the best rates and lowest fees, for significant savings up front and in the long term.
Count On Yourself To
- Inform your real estate agent of any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Move the process along by supplying documentation and making decisions promptly. When you keep up with these requests, you’re less likely to be overwhelmed by any last-minute issues that require your attention.
- Keep a clear head. Even though you are excited about purchasing your home, you need to remain objective and consider the business decisions that will benefit you.
- Get pre-approved as soon as possible. Armed with the power of financing, you can concentrate on selecting your home.