This service is provided to you by Republic Bank of Chicago and powered by a Third Party “Licensor” mobile technology solution. Section A of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and Republic Bank of Chicago. Section B of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and the Licensor.
Section A – Republic Bank of Chicago Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Republic Bank of Chicago Mobile combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. For help, text “HELP” to 49794. To cancel your plan, text “STOP” to 49794 at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at 866-296-4035.
Terms and Conditions
1. The services are separate and apart from any other charges that may be assessed by your wireless carrier for text messages sent to or received from Republic Bank of Chicago. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data or message services, including without limitation for short message service.
2. The services are provided by Republic Bank of Chicago and not by any other third party. You and Republic Bank of Chicago are solely responsible for the content transmitted through the text messages sent to and from Republic Bank of Chicago. You must provide source indication in any messages you send (e.g., mobile telephone number, “From” field in text message, etc.)
Section B – End User License Agreement Terms for the Downloadable App
To be Agreed to by End User Prior to Use of the Downloadable App
1. Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that a third party provider or licensor to your financial services provider (“Licensor”) is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the downloaded software to be used for access to Mobile Banking services from your financial services provider and the computer programs contained therein in machine readable object code form as well as any accompanying user documentation along with all subsequent copies, updates or versions thereof which are made available to you (if any), regardless of the media or form in which they may exist (collectively the “Software”).
2. License Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive license to use the Software in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you by this Agreement are hereby reserved by the owner of the Software. Nothing in this license will entitle you to receive hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or updates to the Software. This Agreement may be terminated at any time, for any reason or no reason. Upon termination, you agree to immediately destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control.
3. Restrictions. You shall not: (i) modify, revise or create any derivative works of the Software; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software; (iii) redistribute, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove or alter any proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software, including, but not limited to, any trademark, logo or copyright.
4. Disclaimer Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON_INFRINGMENT. NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS OR VIRUSES OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ANY OTHER MATERIAL OR SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THEIR USE.
5. Limitations of Warranty. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR , THE PROVIDER OF ANY FINANCIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OR RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, ANY OF THEIR CONTRACTORS OR PROVIDERS OR ANY OF EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, LIABILITY OF LICENSOR OR ANY OF THE OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE LESSER OF $10.00 OR THE SUM OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THIS LICENSE.
6. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Software is commercial computer software subject to RESTRICTED RIGHTS. In accordance with 48 CFR 12.212 (Computer software) or DFARS 227.7202 (Commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation), as applicable, the use, duplication, and disclosure of the Software by the United States of America, its agencies or instrumentalities is subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
7. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida excluding that body of laws pertaining to conflict of laws. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain effective and enforceable. All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida and the parties expressly consent to jurisdiction and venue thereof and therein. The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly waived and excluded.
8. Content and Services. Neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network is the provider of any financial services available through or related to the Software, and neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network or any contractor of the provider of the financial services available through or related to the Software, is responsible for any of the materials, information, products or services made available to you via the Software.
Section C – Zelle Network® Standard Terms
1. Description of Services
a. We have partnered with the Zelle Network (“Zelle”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle® or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle (each, a “User”) using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (the “Service”). We will refer to financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle as “Network Banks.”
b. Zelle provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Bank.
c. THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST.
2. Eligibility and User Profile
When you enroll to use the Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account.
You agree that you will not use the Service to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law, and you agree that you will not use the Service to request money from anyone for any such payments.
The Service is intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Service to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Service with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if we believe that you are using the Service for business or commercial purposes, or for any unlawful purpose.
3. Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information)
We may share information about your account including your name, email, and telephone number or the funds being sent or received with Zelle and other Network Banks for the purpose of processing transactions in accordance with our customary processes and procedures:
a. As necessary to complete transactions
b. As necessary to provide additional and supporting services to facilitate your transactions and your use of the Service
c. As necessary in connection with the investigation of any claim related to your account or the funds you send or receive
d. As necessary to comply with any government agency or court order
e. In accordance with your written direction
4. Privacy and Information Security
5. Wireless Operator Data
6. Enrolling for the Service
a. You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent U.S. mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol.
b. Once enrolled, you may:
i. authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and
ii. receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Money.”
c. If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, we may contact you and/or take other steps to confirm that the U.S. mobile phone number or email address that you enrolled still belongs to you. If we are unable to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone number or email address, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Service until you enroll again.
7. Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages
By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number and/or other alias to send or receive money as described in this Agreement. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Banks or their agents regarding the Services or related transfers between Network Banks and you. You agree that Zelle may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
a. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including without limitation for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees.
b. You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile phone number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you, or (ii) changed by you.
c. In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle sends on your behalf may include your name.
d. Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf.
e. To stop receiving text messaging from us, send a text message with the text, “STOP”, to 20736. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 20736 or contact our customer service at (630) 570-7730 during our business hours between the hours of 7 A.M. – 6 P.M. CST Monday – Friday and Saturdays from 9 A.M. – 1 P.M. CST (excluding Federal Holidays). You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
8. Receiving Money; Money Transfers by Network Banks
Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address or mobile phone number enrolled with the Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. By using the Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries or Zelle payments to the bank account you have enrolled.
Most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need or Zelle may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Agreement and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
9. Sending Money; Debits by Network Banks
You may send money to another User at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of this Service by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Agreement, and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it. You may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Service. If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked.
In most cases, when you are sending money to another User, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling as a User may fail to enroll with Zelle, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur.
The money may also be delayed or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Banks or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
Neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ZELLE TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PAID FOR, OR THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVED ARE DAMAGED OR ARE OTHERWISE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED).
11. Send Limits
There are limits to the dollar amount of transactions that may be made using Zelle. We do not disclose those limits for your protection. We reserve the right to change the transaction limits at any time. All transfer limits are subject to temporary reductions to protect your account. For more information regarding applicable send limits please contact us at (630)-570-7730 between the hours of 7 A.M. – 6 P.M. CST Monday – Friday and Saturdays from 9 A.M. – 1 P.M. CST (excluding Federal Holidays) or stop by one of our branches.
12. Requesting Money
You may request money from another User. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a payment request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we nor Zelle accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request, or sends you an amount that is less than you request. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
By accepting this Agreement, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from or arising out of any request for money that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts.
You agree to receive money requests from other Users, and to only send requests for legitimate and lawful purposes. Requests for money are solely between the sender and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle. Neither we nor Zelle assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the sender of a request for money.
We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send requests for money in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
13. Transaction Errors
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers Telephone us at 630-570-7730 between the hours of 7 A.M. – 6 P.M. CST Monday – Friday and Saturdays from 9 A.M. – 1 P.M. CST (excluding Federal Holidays). You can also write us at 2221 Camden Ct, Suite 300, Oak Brook, IL 60523 or email us at Contactus@republicebank.com as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
a. Tell us your name and account number (if any).
b. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
c. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. Business days are defined as Monday through Friday (excluding Federal Holidays).
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
14. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by using your password, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen, call: 630-570-7730 or write: 2221 Camden Ct, Suite 300, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made without your permission.
15. Liability for Failure to Complete Transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
a. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
b. If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line, if you have one.
c. If the system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
d. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
e. When we have reason to believe that something is wrong with a transaction.
f. If we receive inaccurate or incomplete information needed to complete a transaction.
g. In the case of preauthorized transfers, we will not be liable where there is a breakdown of the system which would normally handle the transfer.
h. If the funds in the account are subject to legal action preventing a transfer to or from your account.
i. There may be other exceptions provided by applicable law.
j. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
Neither we, nor Zelle, shall have liability to you for any such transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of ours or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
We do not charge a fee for using Zelle. However, fees associated with text messaging may be assessed by your mobile carrier, and data rates may apply. In addition, fees may apply if you use Zelle through another financial institution or through Zelle’s separate transfer service website or mobile app. However, we reserve the right to assess fees in connection with Zelle in the future. If we do assess fees, we will give you reasonable notice as required by law. Overdraft fees may still apply.
17. Use of Our On-line Banking Site and/or Mobile App
You agree to access this website and/or mobile app in compliance with our Online Banking Disclosure, which is available at https://republicebank.com/internet-banking-service-consumer-agreement/ and incorporated into and made part of this Agreement by this reference.
18. Cancellation of the Service
You may cancel the Service by calling (630) 570-7730. By cancelling the Service, any Pending, Repeating and Future Dated transfers, will also be terminated, however any transfer that is In Process cannot be cancelled by you. When you cancel the Service, you will no longer be able to access or use the Service. When you cancel the Service, it will not cancel your other online services or your account relationship with us. You may re-enroll into Zelle by using the mobile app.
19. Right to Terminate Access
We may terminate your access to the Service at our sole discretion and without prior notice. Please read the AMENDMENTS AND TERMINATION section of your ACCOUNT TERMS AND CONDITIONS and Section 2, ELIGIBILITY AND USER PROFILE, of this Agreement, for more information.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ZELLE AND REPUBLIC BANK OF CHICAGO MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. ZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED. ZELLE AND REPUBLIC BANK OF CHICAGO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
21. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZELLE OR REPUBLIC BANK OF CHICAGO, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK BANKS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF ZELLE OR REPUBLIC BANK OF CHICAGO HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ZELLE’S SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS Agreement, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF ZELLE AND REPUBLIC BANK OF CHICAGO, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK BANKS LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Service, and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle and Republic Bank of Chicago, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors, or inability to use the Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Agreement.
23. Governing Law; Choice of Law; Severability
This Agreement and its enforcement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to any choice of law provision, and shall inure to the benefit of our successors and assigns whether by merger, consolidation or otherwise. The account(s), products and services accessed via Zelle shall be governed by laws of the applicable account agreements and/or terms and conditions.
We will not be deemed to have waived any of our rights or remedies under this Agreement unless such waiver is in writing and signed by us. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
If any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the law under which this Agreement is to be construed or if any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law. The remaining provisions of this Agreement and the application of the challenged provision to persons of circumstances other than those as to which it is invalid or unenforceable will not be affected thereby, and each of those provisions will be valid and enforceable to the full extent permitted by law.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Services are generally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the exception of outages for maintenance and circumstances beyond our or Zelle’s control. Live customer service will be available via phone Monday through Friday 7A.M. – 6 P.M CST and Saturdays 9 A.M. – 1 P.M. CST, excluding US bank holidays.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.