Online and Mobile Banking are always connected and always convenient. With all your account information at your fingertips, you’re empowered to manage your finances like never before. And as safe and secure as Online and Mobile Banking are, we want to share some online safety tips to keep you even safer and more secure.
“Do” Safety Tips
- Get the latest anti-virus software and update your Internet browser;
- Create strong passwords;
- Use different passwords for each of your online accounts;
- Change your password on a regular basis; and
- Learn to spot fake emails and websites.
“Do Not” Safety Tips
- Share your login credentials or passwords;
- Click on links in unsolicited emails or text messages;
- Let your browser store your login or account information;
- Give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer or mobile device;
- Download programs or apps that look suspicious or come from sites you do not know.
Another way to stay safe is to stay on top of your credit report and always be aware of your credit score, what impacts it, and how it’s trending. There are many solutions available to help you do just that, and Republic Bank offers a robust solution called “Credit Insights,” which is available for free within their Mobile Banking app.
With Credit Insights, you get free ongoing access to your credit score and report. You can monitor your credit for key changes and even find savings opportunities on new credit cards and loans – all through your Republic Bank mobile banking account.
Check your credit score, download your full credit report, and learn more about the factors that influence it. The scores are updated automatically every month, but you can refresh your score on a daily basis.
The program also monitors your credit report daily and will inform you by email if any big changes are detected – a new account has been opened, a change in address or employment, a delinquency has been reported, or an inquiry has been made. This level of monitoring will help you keep an eye out for identity theft.
Credit Insights is entirely free, and no credit card information is required to register. Simply download the Republic Bank mobile app and enroll in the program to get started today.
Stay safe this holiday season, and protect yourself with these online safety tips. And, if you need us, call us at 800-526-9127. The Republic Bank team is here for you.